Pages

Sunday 4 March 2012

Excuses

It was my birthday last week. Happy Birthday me!



Alas, this post is more of an apology than a celebration. I've been pretty busy all week, with birthday things and other things, and I haven't really had time to bake much at all.

Instead I'll attempt to entertain you this week with some stories about what happened to me because of my birthday. The first story is slightly baking-related, so I'm hoping the transition will be fairly comfortable.

My friends made me a birthday cake! And not just any cake, oh no.


A cake in the shape of a Rubik's cube. That's right.

I got into Rubik's cubing in the last month or two, so they decided to abuse the association with me and make this. And it was a really nice cake! Jam between the layers, and everything.

In other homemade-food news, there was also this:


I realise the theme on this one may be a bit less obvious. It's actually meant to be Sherlock, made out of chocolate. It was made by my friend, with whom I've been sharing an obsession over the TV series recently - she even gave me the box-set too! I don't think it would be a lie to say that I'm unreasonably excited about that.

Another friend also gave me a DVD (Girl, Interrupted) which I am also very excited about. My friends are the best.

Time for some final homemade-present news. 


My brother, genius, illustrator and all-round fantastic person, made me this book. Yes, I said made. By hand, from scratch. Shaped the leather, stitched the binding and made the print on the cover page. Words can't express my amazement.

I also have no idea what I am going to give him for his birthday in a few weeks.


I know this has all been a bit of a pathetic attempt to distract from the fact I haven't actually done anything productive this week, but I hope you'll forgive me. I had a fun week so maybe some of the fun will get through to you via this post.. I live in hope.

And if not, then I'll be back on track with some pancake-based learning next week, if all goes to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment